The JCHAI At Home program provides highly skilled social workers to teach independent living to clients who are in their own apartments or living with their families.
JCHAI At Home highlights include:
- Training individuals in personal care, money management, maintaining an apartment and appropriate behavior.
- Offering help in securing employment and, when necessary, in transitioning from living with parents to living in independent apartments.
- Providing socialization through excursions and activities that bring together JCHAI At Home clients with JCHAI residential clients, creating an instant social group for all clients.
- A network of volunteer opportunities that provide peer interaction for clients and help them to learn to work with each other and in the community.
- A customized plan for each client.
JCHAI provides services in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, disability and age.